Friday, June 25, 2010

Peace out Provo

Hello Washington, D.C.!


After 8 years and 9 months, with breaks of varying lengths to Spokane, Ukraine, Mozambique, and Barbados, I have left Provo and moved to our nation's capitol. Technically, I live in Arlington, VA, but for the non locals, let's just say D.C. It's easier that way.

For the past 3 weeks, I've stayed on a couch, the floor, two different beds, an ottoman fold out bed, and now my temporary bed in my temporary (6 weeks) apartment--gotta love the couch/apartment surfing! I think I'm somewhat settled in for at least a few weeks and I pretty much have my work routine down. I'm still trying different routes to and from work, but I manage to make it both ways, so I'm feeling successful. Commuting to work is a bit different than driving to campus or even walking to work in Barbados. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the 40-50 minute commute each way (though I'm pretty sure it's less than 7 miles). In the summer it's great and I'm enjoying the heat and the sun and the walking. Winter, well let's not even think about that now.

It's summer, I'm in a big city, and my apartment complex has a pool. I'm good to go.

Stay tuned for the D.C. updates. Every week is a new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Brea! I didn't even know you still kept up the blog - I hadn't checked it since after Barbados because I thought you had gone radio silent. DC is awesome...you'll surely come to love it!

    ReplyDelete