Monday, November 1, 2010

Run. Drive. Sleep? Repeat.


Ragnar D.C. September 24-25, 201 miles of running relay fun! I wasn't too thrilled about running this race, but my running buddy Traci made a deal that if I ran the relay, she'd run the marathon with me in November. The Ragnar Race originated in Utah and has since expanded to locations around the country. The idea is 12 runners, 200 miles, each runner runs 3 separate legs ranging from 3-9 miles. Sounds easy right...well, it's a beast!

Reflection Vests are required from dusk to dawn


My running buddy. 13.1 check...201 check...26.2 bring it on!

The race began at 12 noon on Friday September 24 in Cumberland, MD. 200 miles and about 30 hours later we ended up in Alexandria, VA. The weather was insane, with temperatures nearing 95 degrees. We slept in increments that maybe totaled 5 hours. I ran at 4:30 pm, 2:00 am, and 12 pm (the next day) for a total of 16.5 miles. This race is crazy, but for some reason, I love it!




Next year....Ragnar Florida Keys!

1 comment:

  1. Woot! I'm glad that there are crazy runner people like you and Eli to participate in crazy things like this and then blog about them!! Miss you tons! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete