Friday, November 19, 2010

Where everybody knows your name...

BOSTON!!!

I love living on the east coast and having cool cities so close. The first week of October brought me to Boston for my friend Doug's wedding, and to visit longtime friend, Whitney. First time to Boston--it was worth the wait. I'll forgo the daily itinerary and just offer a synopsis with lots of pictures.

Arrived Wed night, stayed through Tuesday night: North End, Harvard, Boston University, the "T", late chats with Whitters, Cannolis, Italian food, Lexington, Fenway Park, Boston Temple, wedding, reception, drive to Maine and back, Freedom Trail, long runs on Minute Man Trail, more chats with Whitters, new friends, awesome food, great times! I love Boston!

 Ok, so I know this is a fuzzy photo, but it's all I got. 
The North Church..."one if by land, two if by sea."

 Gelato

 Specialty chocolate shop = delicious Hot Chocolate!!!

 The Beautiful Couple: Doug and Sarah Rodermund

 Lexington Bridge....Where the shot was heard around the world


 I'm not too sure about holding Flat Stanley in this picture

 Walden Pond
Need to come back when it's a bit warmer to take a dip

 Welcome to Maine! First time eating lobster...so not worth the money

 Portland--East coast sytle!

 Can you help me out with the sign? Dorms at Bowdoin College...beautiful campus, weird sign.


I'll be coming back to Boston in May for Whit's graduation. I'm hoping to catch a game and see the inside of Fenway Park.  Boston was everything I hoped for and more (including the Boston accent)!

4 comments:

  1. Awww shucks, so many great places! You even went to Burdick's, didn't you. And I agree with your assessment of lobster. So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh burdicks -- i mean BOSTON, how i miss you!! glad you loved it. i knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing those pictures made me miss you! Having you was so much fun. Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!!! And then have you back again in May!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! I miss Boston so much....but not as much as you dearie:)

    ReplyDelete