Friday, June 12, 2009

First Impressions


Worthing Beach

Worthing Beach

Flowers across the Street

Supermarket

Road outside my house

Barbados is hot! Last night I got in well after dark and couldn't really see anything, so my first impression was "Wow, I've never felt humidity like this before." It really isn't too bad, but it will take some getting used to. Parts of the island remind me of Mozambique and it's weird when everyone is speaking English. I'm not used to being in a foreign country where I can understand everything. Of course, the English is a little different from mine, but I'm getting used to it...I just have to listen carefully. Here are some pictures that I took today on my walk. Most of them are of the roads and houses and a few of the beach I walked to. The supermarket, bank, and post office are about a 25 minute walk and the beach is across the street. This weekend I will look for other beaches where I can lay out and read. The water is seriously warm and a beautiful turquoise. I can get used to this! Enjoy the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment