Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Walk



Barbados Flag


Interesting looking plant and flowers along the road


Me with a view of the Caribbean in the background


View of the island and Caribbean Sea



One of the many cricket fields

Sundays are pretty chill here in Barbados. Church is at a nice leisurely time of 10:00 AM and then the rest of the afternoon is spent doing whatever Sunday activities you would like. Sunday is Shirleen's only cooking day, so we had dinner shortly after church got out...rice, meat something with gravy, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies, and fresh veggies, with lemonade (made with limes, but it's still called lemonade...not limeade). After dinner, we rest. The cleaning comes later and Shirleen gets mad at me when I try to do the dishes right after dinner. My habits are being shaken up a bit with that one! Anyway, I read, took a nap, and then went for a Sunday walk. Every time I go out, I try to take a new path and explore new areas. It's dark by 7, so the rest of the evening is spent inside, so everyone who uses gmail chat should be on so I can talk to people. There's only so much reflecting and reading I can do in one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment