Friday, May 28, 2010

I heart San Francisco

Two weeks ago, Alison, myself, and our friend Tim took a roadtrip out to San Francisco. Knowing that I'm moving to DC and the east coast, I wanted a final fling in the Golden State and to see my Steffers! It was a super quick trip, but included San Francisco, Ghirardelli Square, Palo Alto, a beach house, sand castles, and the Pacific Ocean. What more could you want from a California trip!! (well maybe some warmer weather and warmer beaches, but it's still Cali and it's still beautiful.)


Thursday: Al, Tim, and I left Provo around 2pm ready to embark on the long 12 hour drive across Utah, Nevada, and California. We made a stop at the SLC airport to pick up another passenger, Carlo. The trip was quite long, but luckily the travel companions made the voyage bearable and we rolled into Palo Alto around 1am.


Friday: SAN FRANCISCO! After sleeping in just a bit, we drove into the city to see the sights! We went down to the wharf, walked along the "boardwalk", meandered through some hilly streets, visited Full House Street, drove Lombard Street, and headed back down to the Bay for some Ghirardelli ice cream!




I LOVE my girls!!!


And did I mention that I LOVE ice cream, especially mint chocolate chip...YUM!!!


That night we drove to Capitola, a beach town about 40 minutes south of Palo Alto. We stayed there for the night.

Saturday: Capitola--We headed to the beach in the morning to go exploring and watch some surfers (in full body wetsuits. Pretty sure I would have wanted a dry suit and I have a high tolerance for cold water). That afternoon we joined a YSA activity where a professional sand castle builder was teaching singles how to build sand castles. I didn't see all the instruction, but the results were pretty amazing! We ended the night with a bonfire on the beach.



Check out the San Fran skyline!



It was a fantastic trip and I really do love being with my best friends Al and Steff. I'm glad we got a last hurrah in before I head out east. Now we really will be coast to coast.

Goodbye West Coast. I'll miss you. Wait for me, I promise to come back!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've never seen your blog - it's great! What a fun trip you had. What are you moving to DC for? Are you excited? Hope the move goes well for you :)

    ~Becky Castleton

    ReplyDelete