Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just call me Master Brea


I did it! I finished my Master of Public Health degree and I'm officially a Master! I would like everyone to address me by my appropriate title, Master Brea (or Master Breanne or Master Didenhover). Graduation consisted of a two day event. Day 1 was Thursday April 22 when Commencement Activities kicked off in the Marriott Center with Elder Christofferson as the keynote speaker. The speech was short and inspiring. Afterward, pictures and a cohort party followed to continue the celebrations. Day 2 began early in the Marriott Center where I graduated from the College of Life Sciences. As a master's student, I got front row seats and received my diploma before anyone got tired. I made sure they read my name correctly by repeating "Didenhover" 2 times before walking across the podium. The rest of the program is blurry and I don't think I paid too much attention. At the the end of convocation, I met up with Mom, Dad, Kurt, Alisa, and co (who all attended) and we met Laura at Los Hermanos for some tasty lunch.


MPH Cohort 7


Alisha, me, Camille (swimming and late night lab buddies)


As graduates, we now have wings to fly. Check out those robes!



Best Support Crew


The Hoods! Welcome to Hogwarts.


Alisha, Lauren, Me, Camille, Dr. Cole (professor in charge of the Cape Town Hygiene project)


Brea and Alison:  From Carroll Hall to MPH


Thanks Mom and Dad and everyone else who was so supportive during this adventure. I accomplished a lot and there was no way I could do it without you. I love you!!!

p.s. The hood is salmon not pink!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I knew you could do it, Master Brea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Master Brea, eh? I guess I can get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete