Saturday, February 26, 2011

Catching up...

I'm trying to catch on this blog. I would just skip it and move on, but I seem unable to go from point A to point C without B in between. So bear with me as I finish up the events of 2010.


"I'll be home for Christmas...."

Getting home for Christmas this year was a bit trickier than in the past, but seeing as last year I didn't go home, I was bound and determined to make it back to Spokane and have Christmas in my own house with Mom and Dad. I alerted the family early on and encouraged all who were able to converge in Spokane. I did pretty well. For Christmas we had The Harris Family and a few days later, Jaime and Ava showed up. Kurt and Christina were unable to make it, but 3/5 kids isn't too bad.

Flying across the country is time consuming, costly, and stressful. After I booked my flight, I realized that I had 3 stops and two of them in the snowiest places in the USA: Chicago and Denver. I had everyone on prayer alert that snowstorms would be averted and I could make it home without delays or cancellations. With fingers crossed, prayers said, and a lot of movies to keep me busy, I arrived in Spokane at 9:30 PM and got to my house a little after 10 PM to be welcomed by Kyle, my 6 year old nephew trying so hard to stay awake for Christmas eve festivities. The other two little ones couldn't make the late night, but I was warmly greeted Christmas morning.

Christmas was absolutely wonderful. We ate lots of yummy food, watched movies, played with new toys, and even made some snowmen and had a snowball fight. The kids all got along and the sisters (minus Christina--sorry Tina!) were able to bond. Sadly, we couldn't extend our trips, but it was so perfect while we were there.


 Sarah and Ava--bonding in their matching outfits



SNOW TIME! Spokane never fails in providing a white Christmas
There is nothing like being home for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to say two things. Christmas was a blast!!! And we planned our trip way before you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, either way, I'm soooo glad you guys were there.

    ReplyDelete