Monday, February 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2011--magical and momentous

I don't have the reputation for being a great cook, or a cook at all actually. My best dishes consist of: scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, waffles, and chips and salsa. This Thanksgiving I found myself far from family, but with two of my best friends. Since all our families were far away we decided to make our very own Thanksgiving feast by preparing our "best" family favorite dishes. I rave about my Dad's turkey and stuffing, so it was time to step up and prove to everyone that I CAN COOK!

The three of us went to town and prepared a marvelous feast! We each chose our favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed the day preparing, eating, lounging, and eating some more.

The menu:
Turkey (Brea)
Stuffing (cooked inside the turkey)-Brea
Mashed potatoes (Whitney)
Rolls (Steffany)
Green beans (Steffany)
Craisin Salad (Brea)
Yams (Whitney)
Veggie Tray (Brea)
Drink (7 up and cranberry juice)- Brea

Washing the raw turkey 

 13.1 lbs!!!

 Flavoring the turkey

 So delicious!

 The FEAST



For not being home for Thanksgiving, this was the next best thing. The dinner was DELICIOUS! I'll admit, I was quite (and still am) proud of myself and the girls.

1 comment:

  1. You can cook chicken pockets too--I'm surprised you left those off the list. Also, thanks for giving yourself credit for the drink and then telling us that it was cranberry juice mixed with 7-Up. That made me chuckle. Happy Thanksgiving--you're almost caught up to current times!

    ReplyDelete