Thursday, February 2, 2012

October 18

To finish off the birthday celebrations, Mike surprised me with a fabulous evening! We had flown in from Boston that morning and Mike told me to dress up and that he would pick me up from work. I work downtown and I know Mike always talks about dressing up to go out, so I figured we were going to a nice restaurant and maybe a walk around the city.


Well he did pick me up and take me to a nice dinner in Georgetown. He knows I LOVE seafood, so we ventured to a seafood/steak restaurant that sits overlooking the Potomac River. The meal was fantastic, the view was beautiful, and the company was even better. I felt quite special.


After dinner, while taking a walk, Mike offered to run back to the car so he could get my flip-flops so we could walk more (I am terribly slow in heels). I didn't think too much of it, but when he got back he insisted that I put the flip flops on...so we could run to the Kennedy Center to see LES MISERABLES!!

 
I have wanted to see this show for years!!! And it lived up to EVERY expectation. Moving. Memorable. Magical. We had some pretty sweet seats and I ate up every second of the show.

I have to hand it to Mike for a great birthday surprise. I love birthdays that last and this one definitely did. Starting with birthday celebrations with Mom and Dad to Boston and ending with Les Miserables.


Happy Birthday to me!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic birthday! On my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous woman!! So glad your birthday was AmAzinG!!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is getting so long. I like it. Can't wait to see it in person. (Not so subtle hint...)

    ReplyDelete